Extra-virgin olive oil
2-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
2 large garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
12 extra-large shrimp (16/20 count), peeled and deveined, tails left on
Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
2. Prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium heat (350° to 450°F).
3. In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat the butter and garlic until the butter melts and comes to a boil. Remove from the heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
5. Brush the cooking grates clean. Grill the steaks over direct medium heat, with the lid closed as much as possible, until cooked to your desired doneness, 12 to 14 minutes for medium rare, turning once (if flare-ups occur, move the steaks temporarily over indirect heat). Remove from the grill and let rest for 3 to 5 minutes.
6. Grill the shrimp over direct medium heat, with the lid closed as much as possible, until they are firm to the touch, lightly charred, and just turning opaque in the center, about 5 minutes, turning once.
7. Reheat the butter. Serve the steaks warm topped with shrimp, butter, and parsley.